Monday, October 19, 2009

animals in need

I think it's funny that I'm the only one that does this anymore. Should I keep doing it? If I write about something and no one reads it, does it matter? I don't know. Anyway

Every time I walk Bread which is twice a day we walk by this house with a smaller dog. It's not a little yappy dog, it might be a puppy. But something happened to it and it's two back legs are paralyzed. I sometimes see the owner trying to make it walk, with it's legs in a wheel brace. The dog doesn't seem into it. In fact the dog seems depressed, or that's how it looks to me. I am most likely putting that emotion on the dog.

Generally the dog is left on a small porch, it's mostly the steps up to the house. It just sort half sits up on a blanket, sometimes he's covered in a blanket, and sometimes he's on the lawn. Recently it's made me angry that he gets left all day on the lawn, because we have a lot of mosquito's right now, and I see them swarming around this dog. But then I think, well, the owners must love this dog, if he was paralyzed and they paid for his recovery. He has water, and they seem like they care. But I want them to keep the dog inside with them, because I feel like the dog is lonely, and I would never leave a dog who can't walk out in the open, because he can't defend himself, or get away.

So today as we were walking, I noticed the dog at the bottom of the three stairs that lead up to the landing that he is usually on. It looked as though he had fallen, because he was on top of a barrier, that they had set up, and all of his blankets were in disarray. He was looking toward his front door. I had Bread, and so I wasn't sure what to do, because I didn't want Bread to jump on him, or scare him. But then two walkers came by and I asked them if they wouldn't ring the doorbell to let them know the dog had fallen. After a few minutes someone came out, and they picked up the dog and put him back on the landing and sort of loosely blocked his way with the barrier.

This sort of made me depressed. And I come up against this again and again. Because I know that that dog is alive because he wants to be. The dog is choosing to hang around with that family. But I cannot reconcile my feelings about the dog, and I feel this need to help, or care for it. I hate thinking of the dog outside all day just sitting there. This is the one thing that I haven't been able to understand yet about the law of attraction. I can almost understand it in my mind, but my emotions feel so contrary. I have a feeling I'm going to keep seeing animals in situations like this, until I can make peace with it, or just not view it in such a way that my heart hurts.

That's all I got today.

No comments:

Post a Comment